Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An Accomplishment

It's been a while, but I've been sewing again.


Finding nice fabrics on hand in Abu Dhabi is not an easy thing. Most materials you do come by are silk and flowery. I guess that's part of the reason why I like IKEA - there is a more nice choice of fabrics to choose, on hand, from than anywhere else.

So, I've been dreaming up a skirt design in my head for a while and today I put that design into practise. I do need more practising though.



The sewing is a bit shonky and it is something I would never show a professional sewer - they'd probably drop dead to the floor in shock. Also no zips on hand in this neck of the woods, so it was elastic for me (which I was fortunate to find!).

Here's me modelling the final product.


I'm no supermodel either, believe it or not.

I'm just wondering if it is one of many?

6 comments:

Mookah Studio said...

That looks fantastic Mel! The detail doesn't matter at all. You made it yourself and it looks great.

kurrabikid said...

Hey, I'm impressed! I have trouble sewing even a button on.

kate said...

thats great!! I cant sew to save myself so I think u have done a great job ...and yes you are a supermodel!!

Marianne said...

Well done, looks good

Stomper Girl said...

Looks great Melody. You should definitely make more!

kimbofo said...

It looks like something out of a Boden catalogue!