Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pimm's? Oooo yes please!

As we've decided not to visit London this summer, (the first time in three years), I know one thing MrL and I will miss is Pimm's and Lemonade.

There is nothing quite like sitting outside one of our favourite London pubs (actually, there are a couple!) drinking the refreshing flavoured Gin with a tonne of fruit (including cucumber - it must have cucumber) and lemonade mixed in for good measure.  The drink screams England.

Photo taken in London last summer.
When MrL announced that he felt like a Pimm's and Lemonade on Friday (being our weekend, don't forget), well I'm not one to refuse.  You know me!

I used this recipe as a guide, not that I needed it as I can make this with my eyes closed.

So simple, 1 litre Lemonade to 250mls Pimm's - add fruit (strawberries are a must), cut up half a cucumber and a small handful of fresh mint leaves.  Serve over ice.  *glug glug*

And here's a photo of the result of mine.


So refreshing and so tasty.  If you've never tasted this 'cocktail' I suggest you do, but you Aussie folk, best you wait until the weather warms up a bit now.... ;p

No comments: