MrL and I love watching television shows on how they build certain landmarks around the world.
I don't know how many times we've watched the construction of the Burj Al Arab, Ski Dubai or the bridge (we will see one day in southern France), the Millau Viaduct. So we've been a little excited to find out they are constructing a new bridge in Abu Dhabi, we're a bit nerdy like that. =) We are hoping that someone is making a documentary on the Hodariyat Bridge Project because so far....
...it is looking pretty awesome (if you're into these kind of things!)
Now, I 've taken these photos through the car windscreen and it was a bit hard to capture the construction of the bridge (that we could see through the fences). I would've loved to have got out and taken some photos but mid-morning on a Saturday when there is lots of people milling about the site didn't seem like the right time.
And because I know some construction lingo, it looks like they are doing the precasting on site.
It's going to be a beautiful bridge when it is finished (due for completion in late 2011) and is the first bridge to be heading off Abu Dhabi Island in a westerly direction. It is going to join up to Hudaiyriyat Island where lots of housing for local Emiraties is planned (amongst other plans) and part of the 2030 project.
Awesome seeing a plan coming together. Love being here at the right time too.
1 comment:
It has to be pretty fantastic to watch something as amazing as a New Bridge being built....It already looks like it will be awesome! I agree with you--One hopes that someone is documenting all this on film...!
Post a Comment