Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wonderful Reader

Monet got an award from her class teacher the other day...


Truth be told, all her class mates got the same award, but all kids are on different levels.  Monet has ended Grade One with a reading level of 38, pretty much equivalent to where she needs to be at the end of Grade 3.  !!  We just have to work on her comprehension of what she's reading (she's a bit like me when I read - in one ear and out the other - reasons why I've always been crap at writing book reviews and have never joined a book discussion club).

Can't believe Grade One finishes next week.  Where has that school year gone?  Monet's had a pretty good year and she's exceeding our expectations of her, bar the fact she gets awfully grumpy when she has to do homework and thinks she can't do it.  Children, huh, I tell you!

Watch out Grade Two, Monet's on her way come September 6.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

clever girl keep it up Monet!.