...and blogging has had to take a back seat. After months of practically blogging every day, now you will just have to put up with me blogging when I can. Days are pretty full on with Monet back at school and trying my best to attend to a two year old, feed the family (I bought a Slow Cooker to help with this which has been a god send), clean a 3 storey villa, school runs and sewing skirts for my little business. And I so much love being busy than being bored - and I haven't been bored in yonks!
Things are starting to happen with my skirt business which is a bit thrilling. I have been invited this week coming, to visit an Embassy here in Abu Dhabi along with my skirts. I am being recognised at my local supermarket and I often get asked by strangers where I get my skirts from. I find it very hard to not wear one of my own skirts - I like to think I am a walking billboard of sorts. LOL....
I have now extended my size range, from roughly a UK 10 (about an Aussie 8) through to a UK 18 (about an Aussie 16-18). As word gets around the more busy I am becoming and that's fine by me. Nice to be providing for the family after not being in the work place for seven years! =)


4 comments:
This is great news, keep up the good work!
All beautiful skirts.
Very Very Exciting, my dear! You must be thrilled, Melody. It's so satisfying to create something and then, to have it be successful, too...That Is A Huge Bonus! These are all terrific designs---and so unique! I'm very excited for you, dear Melody...!!!
I think it's great that you are doing so well with this.
I really love the fabrics you use! Have you ever considered letting people place orders online? hint, hint ;)
I am also using my slow cooker (like, all the time). Have you come across the crockpot blog?
crockpot365.blogspot.com
I've gotten a lot of my recipes from there.
Post a Comment