Saturday, November 05, 2011

Morning Beach Stroll

With the weather now very pleasant, especially comparing it to a month ago, even a fortnight ago, I thought it would be most appropriate to take the VIPs down to the Corniche for a stroll, even a short one, along the beach and boardwalk.  

At 10am it was lovely.  The whole place seemed rather inviting and the water was perfect temperature. 



Hey! Nice skirt lady!  (*smirk*)



The above shot shows to the far left the 'Etihad Towers' - a series of five towers, representing the Sheikhs.  Where you can just see cranes, is the Emirates Palace, the most expensive hotel in the world.  Where you can a series of white 'Sails' and a little tower, is Marina Mall and further along is the 'World's largest Flag pole' where the UAE flag flies proudly at full mast each day.

We had a cool milk shake at one of the cafes on the boardwalk which over looks the beach.  A cool refreshment was needed as I'm pretty sure it was a little warmer than the predicted 33 degrees.

With this week being Eid Mubarak and mid-term break for school, I think I might just take the girls back down there for a splash in the water, whilst the VIPs head UK bound.

1 comment:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You certainly live in an interesting and beautiful place Melody....And I'm happy to hear that the "VIP'S" were visiting...! Always nice to have 'family' from far away---much much closer....And, Nice Skirt, INDEED! :)