Hard to believe sometimes that these two little faces below belong to two little humans I helped make. Weird.
We had a pretty lovely day yesterday, celebrating Mother's Day. MrL went and bought McDonald's for breakfast which I really appreciated. (I usually cook us a breakfast every Sunday here in Australia and in Abu Dhabi I cooked breakfast every Friday.)
I did well with the Mother's Day present loot. Perfume, a cook book and Monet chose well at the school Mother's Day stall. She even gave me a present they had put together in her classroom. "It's meant to be a joke Mum", Monet kept saying as I tried my hardest to compose myself and not cry. lol. (I spoke to a couple of other mothers at school today and they all said the same!)
Lunch time saw the four of go to one of my favourite spots in Cairns, to Mondo's. There is something about this place I just enjoy. I think the rest of Cairns thought the same with the number of people there!
Monet got a couple of comments from a couple of 20-something girls, who had taken their mother out for lunch. I saw them looking at the four of us as we sat at the table next to them. When they got up to leave about twenty minutes later, they came over to Monet and said that they seriously "loved" Monet's look, especially the frames. "Keep wearing them, they are very, very cool and stylish..." Such a giggle! And then the mum piped in and said "Cool!" and gave Monet the big thumbs up. Funny.
We wandered back to the car and enjoyed the stroll along the boardwalk and down towards the Lagoon. The girls walked hand in hand and chatted away about such silly things, it made me smile.
A really nice Mother's Day. 2013 has big shoes to fill.


4 comments:
Very sweet.
Love the top picture, especially the butter-wouldn't-melt-in-her-mouth look that Lily is giving.
Mondo's looks pretty cool, too. Would love to be sitting there in the sunshine admiring the view!
I can really understand why that made you cry---So Very Deat...!
It sounds like a perfect Mothers Day, my dear....And indeed, you did help to make those two adorables...!
Awww... glad you had such a great Mother's Day! Such a sweet picture of you with your girls. And I adore that last photo. No wonder Monet got comments on her style - both your girls are super stylish and adorable!
x Katherine
Gosh - I don't drop by for a few months (I've been busy), and it's all change! Great to see you're thriving in your new old life/old new life!
Post a Comment