Friday, August 17, 2012

A Productive Sewing Week

I never thought I would actually follow through on a project that I found on 'Pinterest' (google if you must), but the double-sided headbands I had pinned onto my board drew me in.  I found the instructions easy to follow (a miracle for me) and gave it a go, using my scrap material.  

All lined up and ready to sew.  Fun!


This was my result!  



Monet loves them and they just fit her (they are aimed at ages 8+) so she's bagged a couple, which she wears proudly.

My other project this week was to make complete outfits for girls.  And of course Miss Lily is my model (and my inspiration).   I spruced up a tshirt adding rosettes and buttons and Lily adored it.  You little ripper.
After a successful showing to my mother and sister-in-law via iPhone I decided to do a complete outfit for my Lily.  The photo below has had 600+ hits on Facebook so I think I could be onto something (or probably because the just-about-3-year-old is impossibly cute!)


I am hoping they are a success, as I have just posted my first available whole outfit on my Page.  =)

4 comments:

Tamsyn said...

These are so gorgeous Melody!! I absolutely love the fabrics you use :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is really really adorable and I would thinkj bery 'sellable', too! Great Outfit, my dear.

LBA said...

They are gorgeous .. I especially love the red rosettes on white!

x

jeanie said...

Very beautiful - you make beautiful children and accessories (although there are some them to be interchangeable!!)