Thursday, August 09, 2012

I'm a Sucker for Advertising. (Banana Muffin recipe)

I've always said that Advertising works and yesterday those words rang in my ears again as I took Lily to the local news agency to purchase something we had seen on the telly.  The new Dora 'Little Cook Collection'.  How could I resist the $2.99 price tag for the two year old who is Dora mad (just like her big sister once was).   Of course the first issue sucks you in with a low price tag and then the future issues jump up to $7.99, then $12.99!

Miss Lily insisted we make the muffin recipe inside the magazine straight after walking back in the front door.  So, being the obliging mother I can be at times, we did.  A very simple Banana Muffin recipe with easy to follow instructions and the result?  Delicious.

Here's the recipe - it only makes 4, but I didn't mind that as I know that none would go to waste and they were very simple, easy and took no time to make....


You need...
1 large banana
40g soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons rapeseed oil (I used olive oil!)
1 small egg
65ml milk
100g self-raising flour

1.  Peel and mash the banana in a bowl using the back of a fork.  Mix in the sugar and the oil.

2.  Crack the egg into the bowl.  Pour in the milk and stir.

3.  Sieve the flour into the mixing bowl.

4.  Gently stir in the flour into the rest of the ingredients.

5.  Spoon the mixture into four muffin cases.  Fill each case almost up to the top.

6.  Place in a 190 degree C oven for 15-20 minutes.  Take them out and leave to cool.

As Dora would say, "Delicioso!"

No comments: