Saturday, February 09, 2013

Aprons

A while before Christmas last year, I had ordered some gorgeous 'kitchen gadget' fabric from a website in America.  I loved the fabric and once it arrived on my doorstop I loved it even more.  But I was unsure exactly what to make from the ordered 'yard'.

After a bit of brainstorming and thinking things and designing in my mind, I decided on an apron.  I went and purchased a couple of other fabrics which matched colour-wise the kitchen fabric and set about making my (mind) apron.  


I ended up making two matching aprons which ended up as Christmas presents for both my Mother-In-Law and my sister.  I was very tempted to keep one myself but didn't.  And (unusually) I don't have a photograph of the finished product.  =(

I thought I would make myself a 'Christmas' apron instead.


Well, that didn't go to plan either.  I ended up giving one to a friend who had invited us to a Christmas Party at hers and my mother had mentioned how much she liked the apron (which I sent her a photo of) so I made her one too!  Sheesh.

With a bit of Spotlight shopping, finding suitable fabrics to make another few aprons, my first one looked like this...


After I posted a photo of it on Instagram, a friend of mine bought it!  She loved it so I happily sent it off to her.  So finally, f i n a l l y, I made myself one.


I very much like it.  A lot.

I've yet to make more....I have been too busy making some other of my ideas into reality.  I love that I have taught myself and learnt via others (via blogs/Instagram) how to do certain things and feel very inspired to keep making...

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You are one busy lady, my dear....These are all quite marvelous!

kimbofo said...

Do you want me to take a pic of the apron? I've worn it a couple of times now, but I don't think it has any dirty marks on it. "-)