Today, Lyndon and I are celebrating our 11th anniversary of being together. 11 years. Who would have thought?
For those of you who don't know, Lyndon and I are not married but we are committed to one another. We've been engaged (for ages! - 5 years in December!), but wedding plans are always on the back burner and neither of us mind. (Though I am sure both sets of parents are longing for the day when we get hitched!)
We've come a long way since that fateful night of June 29th 1996.
We have had our ups and downs (as you do) but we've always been together. And (fingers crossed) we always will be together. I think it is important in a relationship to have s p a c e and we've always tried to give each other that, which is an underlining factor in our relationship. And support each other in what roads to take in your life. It's worked for us, so far.
Of course our true bond to one another happened when I became pregnant with Monet Lulu and when she was born it brought with it a totally different relationship to one another. Having Monet in our lives is just brilliant and I would not change not having her when we did.
Moving to Cairns and buying a home together too, has been a huge milestone in our relationship. We never thought either would happen.
We do what we think is right (not necessarily what others think is right) and it has worked for us because at the end of the day, we are happy. There isn't much we disagree on as we basically agree with each other on most subjects. I'm not sure what the key is to a happy relationship but I think we must hold it because we are still together, 11 years later.
Tonight we are planning on a bottle of bubbly to share, along with some take out food from one of our favourite restaurants (see if you can spot it in the below image!)
Below is a photo grid of the past few years of us three. (See if you can spot a pregnant Melody! Heehee!)

Happy 11th Anniversary Lyndon. I love you. But you know that. *wink wink* xx
15 comments:
Happy Anniversary. It is always good to have an understanding in ny relationship.
Here from Michele's.
Happy Anniversary to you both too! I'm on a return here, since you visited BreadBox earlier, Melody ---
who'd'a'thunk I'd mention Australia in the blog for the first time, and then my Michele-visitor would be from there. And from Cairns, yet! A really good friend of mine some years ago used to talk longingly about the property her family had there....
N.
Happy anniversary from Michele's blog and from me too. 11 years is a good long time. It's great that you're doing so well. I'm in a new relationship and I hope we have the staying power that you and Lyndon have. Congrats and enjoy the bubbly!
Happy anniversary!
Will we ever find out how you met, I wonder....
Happy Anniversary! I truly hope that you and Lyndon had a glorious celebration. Much can happen in eleven years, and you have proved that, you have also proved that happiness truly does come to the wonderful!
I have missed you. Shame on me for not being around in such a long time.
Again, congratulations to you and your love.
Hugs from me.
Happy Anniversary wishes to both of you. And I can remember when you first met him too!
Enjoy the bubbly - another bottle is it?!
That's Great, Have a fabulous Anniversary. Hmmm, 6.30pm, are you into the champers yet ?
awww - that's so sweet ! :)
Sounds like you have a similar relationship to mine ( and even in terms of years together, and how long it took you to get around to kids :p )
Enjoy your champers !
I'm off to look at your piccies :)
Happy Anniversary to both of you! Enjoy the day.
Congratulations to you and Lyndon, Melody! Raise a glass & enjoy!
Congratulations and best wishes for the next 11 years. And the 11 after that. And even more!!
Happy Anniversary! I love the photo montage.
Hope you enjoy the bubbly and food and may you celebrate many many more!
That bus trip has a lot to answer for! ;)
Happy Anniversary.
Who would have thought indeed.
HAPPY HAPPY 11 years together! May you have at least another 5 times 11 years more, together, too!
And I ay, whatever works for you is the way to go! Have A Very Happy Anniversary, my dear.
Happy 11 years! So you guys are the Brad and Angelina of Australia? Just teasing. Love is what matters...commitment is commitment. Look how many don't take marriage seriously AT ALL. Here is to many many more happy years together!
Post a Comment