She's always sitting on her little table and drawing picture after picture of us and her family. Each drawing makes us smile and I tend to take photos of them so I will always have them.
The other Saturday morning, Monet had Lyndon and I grinning at each other. Monet was being quite the professional artist when she began a watercolour of 'Viola', a doll that Grandma (my mother) had given her on the occasion of her 4th birthday.
She had Viola on her art drawers and Monet would stand back, study the doll and go back to her painting. Like a true professional 'life drawing' artist.
The end result was very good. And true to life.
I might have to frame that one.
12 comments:
That's a really terrific vision of colour you know and you're right, it really resembles Viola. Cute name, did she name her doll?
Definitely frame it.
Grandma names all knitted dolls. They come with a little handmade tag announcing their name. I think my mum enjoys naming them in all honesty and hey, it saves thinking up a name!
She is very, very good for her age.
Wow, she has a real talent there! I see a bright future...
Oh I think thats definately one for framing. Good job, Monet.
And well done grandma for naming the doll, it's so much easier when they arrive already named.
That's defintiely worth framing, and I agree - they show some real talent for "just turned 4".
We have a great time thinking up names for all the 'babies' though many of them are simple called Baby!.
My daughter framed some of the CP's artwork and hung them over her sofa in a grouping. VEry colorful and eyecatching.
WOW!!! She's very good.
I LOVE Monet's Paintings!!!
Truly! There is such a sense of "color" in them....I may be way off here, but these seem very sophisticated colorwise for a 4 year old! GREAT! I hope you keep them all and DO frame some--OR, All!
I have some drawings from when I was a little bit older than Monet and they were rather astounding in Retrospect because of the Road my Paintings took and still takes. There is almost a theme of sorts.....
IF my mother hadn't saved them, I would not have had that revealing piece of information, or been able to actually "show" them when I had a Retrospective of my work....SO.....Do save her paintings, my dear. You never know. There is talent here, for sure.
Oh kewl!
She has a fabulous creative flair happening there :)
One of the many things I miss about not having kids is their artwork - and what beautiful artwork you have been blessed with :-)
Is putting it on the blog a modern day version of handing it on the fridge?
Oh, I love her and her artwork. Yes, a keeper for sure. They are such a crack up, are they not?
Post a Comment