Very typical of me, but my last post was actually my 400th post on this version of biglittlesister. I also forgot to wish my sister's partner a Happy Birthday for the week just past. I hope I am excused - I have had a lot going on. (As if *you* all didn't know!)
We spent last weekend in Melbourne. It was nice to do a spot of shopping in some half decent shops, but since when has Melbourne become so blue, tight jean orientated? *blah* Living in Cairns I swear you can get away with wearing anything, anywhere, but since Melbourne is so fashion savvy it was a good excuse for us to buy a few new threads each. We really liked the new(ish) DFO at Spencer Street. (We liked it soooo much better than the Morrabbin Airport one we used to visit when we lived in Melbourne three years ago.)
Much to our delight, the weather was 'pleasant', even though the skies weren't blue.
It was nice to wander along Southbank again and meet up with friends at the Riverland Bar, down below Federation Square along the Yarra. We like that outdoor bar so much, we visited it both on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
We met up with even more friends at a pub in Richmond and enjoyed a dinner out in a Beer Garden. Monet and I didn't stick around too late as the Cox Plate had been run and there were too many horrible drunk people around, otherwise we had a rather good time.
All up it was nice to spend a couple of nights in the town we once called home. We stayed at Oaks on Market which we had stayed at once before. It is in a good position, is reasonably priced (including buffet breakfast) and we will stay there again down the track. We also had this view from our hotel room.
As much as we love Melbourne and as much as we tell people how much we are Melbourne people at heart, we know we're not ready to move back there. Obviously there are other roads for us to travel at the present and according to this article in today's The Age, we've made the right decision. (You have no idea how many people have asked Lyndon to 'take my business card with you' and asked to pass on their resume. It is making us think the past 10 months have honestly been worth it and we got in at the right time.)
Today, Lyndon arrived safely in Abu Dhabi. He is currently amazed by it all (the shops, the compound we'll be living in, the city, the palm trees, the current beautiful heat). He has already told me how much he thinks Monet and I will love it. I know he is right. And I can't wait to get over there too now!
Monet and I are now at my parents. I'm keen to have a drink in honour of all the good things life has in store for my little family at present and to celebrate over 400 posts! (Any excuse, I know!)
9 comments:
Congratulations on 401 posts!
I'm a Melbourne-lover so I really enjoyed seeing those photos.
Congrats on 401 AND on sounding so cheerful and optimistic so far. You have such a positive outlook, most inspirational. You know what - I have never been into a DFO. Ever.
CONGRATS on 400---I mean, 401 posts, my dear....These milestones should be celebrated!
It sounds like Melbourne was fun to visit....! And Your new country sounds quite marvelous...I hope Lyndon sends you some pictures and then you can share them with all of us!
As to Halloween....Not one little Trick or Treater....But I dodn't expect amy. All the kids who used to be up here have grown up and there hasn't been one child for three years. So it was nice and quiet up here....!
Wow 400 posts, at the rate I'm going it will be another few years before I get to that amount! Congratulations!! You must be such a mixture of emotion embarking on this big journey - so exciting! I know I live here but Melbourne looks really nice in those photos!
Congrats on the 401 posts, Melody! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time catching up with Melbourne and your family and old friends.
Congrats on 401 posts!
I hope you and Monet really enjoy living Abu Dhabi. I think you will, but then again its not for everyone!
Enjoy your time in Victoria with your family
I'm sure you're going to *love* Abu Dhabi - such an adventure.
Great pics of Melbourne. It's a very photogenic city...more of your edgy high fashion model than the beauty pageant contestant that Sydney is.
(And now I'll duck for cover... hehehe)
Noticing at 401 is far far better than taking note at 399, I can assure you (only my was 99 - and 199 - and 299).
I loved my time in Melbourne - how cool - looking forward to your adventures to come.
Life seems to have found a good balance for all of you.
Post a Comment