Saturday, November 22, 2008

Winter?

Monet and I are now on the Final Count Down to our date with a silver jet.  Two weeks today we would have been already reunited with our Lyndon.  We are missing him terribly but knowing that it isn't many more sleeps helps a lot.  He feels the same.  Five weeks apart is just too long for all involed.  But we are coping and we are all safe and well, besides being a little cold.  Well, Monet and I are a little cold, not Lyndon.  


It is icy cold outdoors today.  None of us would be at all surprised if it actually snowed (remembering we are eights day away from Summer here in Australia!)  I have friends camping this weekend near Cape Liptrap and I was planning a visit, but I have had second thoughts.  

Monet and I have spent the past week at both sets of (Grand)parent's homes.  We have spent time with Monet's cousins...


and visiting one of my old friends in Inverloch, who has a dog Monet quite adored...  


This week Monet and I are venturing to Melbourne and popping in to visit H&B which I am looking forward to, and having a shop in Chadstone with both of Monet's Grandmothers.  

I am hoping the weather cheers up, these cold grey days are doing my head in.  Tracey in Townsville (about 400-odd kilometers south of Cairns) is sitting beside her air-conditioner today and here I am, sitting snug by the Coonara trying to defrost my frozen toes.  

I know where I'd rather be if given a choice. 

Yep, that's right, with Lyndon.

12 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is so hard to think of you being in such cold weather now....I keep seeing Monet in the pool back in Cairnes....And it has been lovely and warm here though New York and the whole East Coast is Brrrrrrrr----COLD!
Before you know it, my dear, you and Monet and Lyndon will be together once again...5 weeks IS a long time!

Enjoy the wwarmth by the stove....!
Hope you have a Lovely Rest Of The Weekend...!

jeanie said...

Here is pretty hot and windy today - a bit of snow wouldn't go astray, although we have to seriously rethink the global warming thingy if that happens!

Yay for only a few more sleeps until you are reunited with Lyndon.

BTW - my word verification is ROFFL.

M said...

I had a comment from a lovely English lady the other day who wondered whether it really got hot enough in Australia to need a hotwater bottle! I had to explain that given the size of the country we can experience every type of weather every day in different parts of the continent.

Anonymous said...

I cannot even think cold thoughts to save myself! Yet I did see that fresh snow had fallen in some parts of Victoria today.

I have just watched the thiunder and lighning roll in, but haven't ventured out yet to see if the temperature has dropped.

Two weeks is nothing- it will fly by!

Star said...

I see you guys are counting the days! What do you hear from Lydon? I hope it oesn't tak you too long to get your yourself online once in Abu Dhabi. I can't wait to hear all about it. What an adventure.

Anonymous said...

I am so not a cold climate girl. I froze in melbourne! A/C on again here today...Not long to go now, not long at all...

Red Dirt Mummy said...

I feel your pain! It was about 20C here in Perth today with rain on-and-off through the day. It's forecast rain for most of the week. What's with that?

MissyBoo said...

Monet looks warm and toasty in your jacket - lucky your mum still had it!

How exciting, just two more weeks, and you will all be together again and warm!

Bobkat said...

Only two weeks to go! :) You must be so excited!

It sounds like it's as cold where you are as it is here. Brrrrr! I have the heating turned up. You'll soon be warm though, where you're going :)

Char Paul said...

gee~it looks so cool where you are. Cairns is so humid!

Char
www.harmonicsmtm.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

HOT HOT HOT. that is what cairns has been .. pn the weekend it was nearly 40... bet your happy you ar ein VIC atm

LBA said...

So how did Chaddie go ?
Bet it was yuger than you remembered ... i'm not a great fan of getting lost in there ;)

Was so nice to see/meet you and Monet - she is as sweet and well-mannered as you always say she is - adorable.

If we ever meet again though, I know AM is too early for us both - we're more cold ales on the deck kinda people, aren't we ? :)

xx