Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Relief.

With great relief I can tell you all that I have got Monet into a School for the new school year. 

She begins KG-2 (like Aussie Prep) come August 30th, (which is during this year's Ramadan over here) and will be an orientation day for all new children and their parents; school tours, teachers met, school uniforms purchased.  I can tell Monet is looking forward to it already.  She got a *glowing* report from her Nursery School Director which I am sure helped.  (I have to tell you, it is very hard to get children into school over here - there are limited places everywhere it seems - and these schools are not cheap.  All international schools here are private.  The company Lyndon currently works for, will pay a certain amount for Monet but the rest we have to fork out.)

It will be a hectic time for us with Monet starting school, her 5th birthday the following week and baby #2 due.  

Speaking of, Monet took this photo yesterday of me, so for all of you who want to spy a 23 week pregnant woman look no further;


Monet was busy trying on her 'winter' clothes for London next week.  We had to purchase some new threads for her on the weekend as her legs seemed to have stretched over the past few months and she didn't have a winter coat, which will be needed going from 40+ degree days into the low teens.


(I can't help but look at that above photo and see that she's looking 'grown up'. When did that happen?)

Things are moving ahead, per usual.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous and Monet looks well and truly grown up and ready for school! Hope the weather warms a little for your London visit.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I was thinking exactly the same thing...Monet looks so VERY Grown Up...And Very Beautiful, too...!
It is fun to see your 23 weeks preggers woman...YOU! (lol) You look good, my dear....!

MissyBoo said...

You look fabulous :)

Congratulations on getting Monet into a school. And well done Monet on having such a glowing report :)

Stacey said...

Look at you with your pregnant belly!
I love Monet's new coat - no doubt she'll get lots of use from it in London.

LBA said...

nice belly, Sexy Lady :)

Isn't the school thing so exciting ?!! :)

Bobkat said...

Congratulations on securing that school place. I am sure Monet will love it. Yourn children are like little sponges where knowledge is concerned aren't they? She does look very grown up and very pretty in her new coat and you look great too - In fact you look happy :)

Imageo said...

Yes, Monet's looking very grown up these days. Have a great trip to London - it's going to seem quite cool over there.

jeanie said...

Wow - its all happening, isn't it?

She looks gorgeous - as do you.

Moon said...

Looking lovely mommy! I loved when my tummy showed when pregnant lol...Now however is a totally differnt thing lol...
Knowing Monet will be set for school must be such a load off, those things are so nerve wracking untill u have it on paper and scheduled lol..

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I came back to say HI, and to tell you once again, I LOVE that picture of Monet...So Very Grown Up! That is a very special photo, Melody.

ThirdCat said...

just found your blog via hnb...yeah, congratulations on the school...I think that was the biggest stress we had moving here. But it's all worked out in the end, my boys love it, absolutely love it (and yes, they already say 'mom' and spell centre center and so on)