Back to Barcelona...
If there is anything you need to attract attention in a foreign city, I suggest taking a blonde headed toddler with you. With our tummies rumbling one day, we found ourselves at Barceloneta, a piece of land that juts out and sits between a beautiful marina and a beautiful (kinda) beach with the Mediterranean lapping at it's shores. The area is lined with straight lane ways and many restaurants.
That day, we decided on one particular restaurant where the waiters and other diners, were all taken in with Lily's charms. And, didn't she know it... (and yeah, that's my glass of beer, not a jug!)
Talk about being the center of attention in her special little high chair. She had her hair ruffled so many times, she didn't care, which was most unusual.
Around the corner from this strip of restaurants was the beach. It was there when we said that one could most easily stay in Barcelona for more than a week...
If it wasn't for the people, I could imagine ourselves paddling in the water and making castles in the sand...
I think next time I would quite to stay in this section of the city. Yes, there will be a next time, but it won't be in the peak of summer... *wink wink*
The marina was beautiful, but I always have a soft spot for marinas.
That area of the city had a real holiday feel to it. A big array of eateries, ice creameries, little shops, buskers, annoying people...

4 comments:
Yes it all does look good .
How cute (and coy) does little miss look sitting at the table?!
And boy, that beer looks good!
What a great grwat trip...! LOVE that Beach area...And I can see why you say you'd like to stay in this part of the city, next time.....And, your toddler certainly was a SENSATION!!!
Bloody fabulous city. I thought I'd like to stay in that part of the city too. It was this odd mix of holiday and Dickensian crowding. But I think I wanted to stay in just about every area we visited.
Post a Comment