Many moons ago I studied Ceramic Design and never, ever thought I would get myself over to Barcelona - a city famous for it's ceramics. Twenty years, one husband and two daughters later, I got there. Besides all the ceramic architecture from Antoni Gaudi, there were bits of ceramic artwork dotted throughout the city, especially in the Barri Gotic area. I have to say, it was lovely to be able to share a passion I once held, with Monet. It was great to have her see it all first hand.
In the little backstreets and lane ways of Barri Gotic (that's another post!), we came across a fabulous ceramic shop. And of course we had to go in and see all the work in there. Some of the work was magnificent, others, not so magnificent, but it was still pretty awesome to come across a store loaded with ceramics.
The store, Art Escudellers, ships worldwide (for our future reference).
Just out of no where, you would see beautiful hand painted tiles plastered onto the walls - showing where a particular place was or explaining something (in Spanish). I loved spying them...
Ceramics isn't for everybody, nor hand painted tiles for that matter, but for me, I loved seeing that side of Barcelona.


2 comments:
Beautuful! Really spectacular. I LOVE Ceramics, too....Those dishes were quite wonderful...! And the Plaques---SUPERB!! A great trip, wasn't it? Barcelona looks like such a beautiful city....!
Me too I love ceramics, have some of my own around our home..........those in Barcelona are beautiful could make one ,buy, buy, buy.!!!!....[better not me thinks.]
Post a Comment