Thursday, August 18, 2011

Like Venice, Without The Canals.

One thing we loved about Barcelona, was the fact it did remind us of Venice, Italy, just minus the canals and 400 bridges, but with scooters added for good measure...

If you haven't been to Venice, nor Barcelona for that matter, it is made up of an array of maze-like little lane ways, dotted with little shop faces and you never quite sure what you'll discover around in the next lane way.  MrL and I loved exploring the section of Barcelona which was like this....

You find toy stores...

I love the reflection of Little Lily's face in this photo...
Chicken rotisseries out on the street...


Old Spanish men hanging around their local bar...


The Corner Store, one of which you'll find that you keep on passing...


Cute artwork on pulled-down roller-doors...


Little delicatessens....


And, out of the blue, you'll find a most awesome Japanese Fabric shop (in which you will buy some fabric to make yourself a special skirt - but that's another post!)...


Part of the fun when going on holidays is getting lost and exploring.  Pretty sure that happened to us every day in Barcelona, but we loved it.  Just awesome.


3 comments:

Fairlie said...

I had to look twice at that rotisserie as it looked much too stylish and I thought you'd posted the wrong pic!

Anonymous said...

It all looks good to me.......

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What aq great idea---painting the shutter when they are not there...LOVE all the shops---That would be such fun---to go shopping in all the stores....!